The laboratory of Veterinary Clinic “Sofia” is well equipped with the latest technology providing reliable and quick results.
Apparatus for blood count – indicates the number, the ratio and size of the different cells from the blood / red blood cells, various types of white blood cells – neutrophils, lymphocytes, eosinophils and platelets / as well as hematocrit, hemoglobin amount and the erythrocyte indices. These indicators enable quick assessment of the state of patient research – development of infection, anemia, bleeding disorders, dehydration and more.
Apparatus for biochemical analysis – enables the assess the functional status of many organs / kidneys, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, muscles / and diagnosis of metabolic diseases.
Urine – biochemistry, sediment and weight – can detect evidence of disease of many organs and systems.
All kinds of studies of feces
Full analysis of erythrocyte disorders – anemia and polycythemia
Analysis of leukocyte and platelet disorders
Analyses in bleeding disorders
Diagnosis, control and treatment of endocrinological disorders
The clinic works with the reference laboratory for microbiological tests and antibiograms.
Rapid tests – clinic offers a wide range of tests for various infectious diseases in dogs and cats (parvovirus, coronavirus, Ghana, leishmaniasis, brucellosis, cat panlekopeniya, feline coronavirus, feline leukemia, feline AIDS, Lyme disease, anaplasmosis, ehrlichiosis) as well as tests for some parasitic diseases such as Giardiya and Dirofillaria.
Clinical pathology – the clinic uses the most modern methods of processing all types of biopsy and cytology materials to diagnose various types of neoplastic, inflammatory and other diseases of various organs and systems.
We offer the following types of tests:
Biopsies – covering a very wide range of disease processes in different tissues and organs:
- Histological biopsies:
– operational materials from absolutely all available for research organs;
– study of puncture and cor needle biopsies of all available organs.
- Cytological biopsies:
– cytological examination of fluids – pleural, peritoneal, pericardial, CSF, BAL and others.
– cytological examination of prints from biopsy material;
– Study of brush biopsies and materials taken by TAB and TTAB;
– cytological examination of gynecological Pap smears;
– morphological study of bone marrow biopsies;
– cytological studies involving typing of epithelial, mesenchymal tumors and round cell tumors.
Veterinary Clinic „Sofia” works closely with the German laboratory Laboklin.