Eye care of your pets is essential for their health, but unfortunately it is often overlooked until it’s too late. For your pet these eye problems are the same like in humans, such as cataracts, glaucoma, corneal injury, tumors, retinal degeneration and dry eye.
In Veterinary Clinic „Sofia” we know what to pay attention to when it comes to eye health of your faithful friend and we are ready to take care in the best way for them.
We offer routine eye examinations as part of our health programs as well as an adequate approach in case of emergencies (foreign body injury due to fighting with other animals falling out of the eyeball in predisposed brachycepalic animals and other emergencies).
We offer all methods of diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases:
- examination (Shirmer test) and treatment of dry keratoconjunctivitis (dry eyes);
- microbiological testing of eye discharge;
- abscesses and tumors in the area of the eyelids and the eye;
- ultrasonic examination in retinal detachment, dislocation of the lens and neoplastic formations;
- eyelid reconstruction in entropion and ectropion;
- surgical treatment of atypical grown eyelashes (distichiasis);
- changes in the third eyelid (Cherry eye, etc.);
- cataract surgery (ie. “Walleye”);
- full diagnostic services such as ultrasound, indirect and direct ophthalmoscopy;
- surgical treatment of corneal ulcers, and other dystrophic disorders;
- a wide range of drugs and therapeutics.